Friday, December 09, 2005

Afternoon Whiteout (Through the Window)


Afternoon Whiteout (Through the Window)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Today's weather forecast was for a bad snow storm. This morning, I shoveled what turned out to be several inches of snow just before the snow turned to rain. I thought (and the folks on the radio seemed to think) that we were all done with snow for the day. So I was quite surprised when I looked out the window around 3 PM to see heavy snow, near whiteout conditions at times. I took some pictures with my digital camera and edited them tonight. I had to get the contrast just right to make it possible to see the snow on the branches, the snow blown against the window, the falling snowflakes, and the headlights of the cars creeping along the street. Here is the image I like the best.

No comments: