Thursday, December 08, 2005

Belfast from a Distance


Belfast from a Distance
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is a view of Belfast from a distance, from a photo taken at Belfast Castle. Tonight I cropped this image to post in honor of two friends from Belfast who are visiting. We picked them up at Logan Airport today and drove them up to New Hampshire for a party with Mel's UNH colleagues. Distance gives you a new perspective on a place, whether that is a place you have visited or a place you call home, and it was interesting to get our friends' perspectives on visiting the US. Although my visits to Belfast were shorter than I would have liked, looking back, it seems that those visits, however short, were long enough for me to feel connected to the place and to the great people I met there.

No comments: