Sunday, December 11, 2005

Moving at the Speed of Erosion (On Commonwealth Ave)


Moving at the Speed of Erosion (On Commonwealth Ave)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Mel and I have been spending some time with our visitors from Belfast. Today we met two of them in Cambridge, and then drove into Boston, snapping photos all the way. We got stalled in traffic on Commonwealth Ave. Ciaran said that we were "moving at the speed of erosion", and we took advantage of the fact to take more pictures. But by this time, it was hard to see through the car windows, which had been sprayed with slush on the streets of Boston. So we decided to open the sunroof and try taking pictures that way. That is how I took this picture with my phonecam. Later, I tried to edit the photo on my computer (rotating and cropping), but I decided that I prefer the original, not only because the image is clearer, but because this version preserves the crazy way the photo was taken, and captures the fun we had today.

No comments: