Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Carnations Will Do


Carnations Will Do
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Yesterday I picked up two bunches of carnations. There were more elaborate bouquets, but I liked the color of the carnations, and decided they would do. I intended to draw them with pastel, and planned to work late last night and early this morning. But the dog got sick, and I made a very late night run to the vet, and I stayed up most of the night taking care of him. It paid off, because he is doing much better now. But I had no time or energy left to draw today. Maybe tomorrow. So instead I decided to photograph the carnations with my phonecam. I liked this composition the best, despite a couple of small flaws that were distracting, so I opened the image in Painter IX and cleaned it up with digital pastel. For now I think this picture will do.

No comments: