Wednesday, May 17, 2006

These Pears Are Even Better


These Pears Are Even Better
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Yesterday I saw some beautiful pears, and I have to admit, I bought them because of their color! This is just the kind of thing I love to draw with pastels. I didn't have time to draw them last night, but decided to take a photograph before I set them out for dinner. Tonight I loaded the image into my computer. First I cropped it, trying to square the circle, and I liked the result. But although these are beautiful pears, still there were some distracting marks on them, and some of the color had been washed out by the flash. Even though I probably will use this image as the basis of a pastel or watercolor, I decided that I liked the photo well enough to try to improve it. So I opened the image in Painter IX and used some digital pastel to clean up the image and adjust a few areas of color. Now the pears are even better.

No comments: