Sunday, June 18, 2006

Me and My Dad


Me and My Dad
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This image began long ago, as a black and white photo of me and my dad, taken by my Uncle Ike. He was a great photographer and also a great dad himself. The photo is one of my all-time favorites, so I decided to colorize it and post it for Father's Day. I scanned the photo and opened the image in Painter IX. I used digital watercolor to tint the photo, trying to keep the colors muted to go with the tones in the original photograph. This was a good project for Father's Day. It was fun to "collaborate" with my uncle across time and space, and also a way to spend some time with my dad, through the blessing of memory and the magic of art. I was lucky to have a father who always knew how to make me feel like a million bucks.

No comments: