Monday, October 16, 2006

October Leaves


October Leaves
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

It is the peak season for fall color around here, and people travel long distances to see this. Lately, I have seen beautiful October leaves while running errands around town, driving up and down Route 128, or even driving to New Hampshire. But one of the best photos of autumn color that I have been able to take is this one, taken at the local gas station! There was a small tree with bright red leaves by the fence, and I made a point of taking a picture because I knew I would be able to reach high enough to get a good view of the leaves. Tonight I cropped the image, then opened it in Painter IX to clean up one little distracting mark, using digital chalk. Sometimes you don't have to travel very far to see something amazing!

No comments: