Monday, November 20, 2006

Field and Mountains (Oil Bar Landscape)


Field and Mountains (Oil Bar Landscape)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is a painting I started tonight at the second session of the oil bar class I am taking at Red Brick. The assignment was to do a landscape. This is from my imagination and memories of the mountains in Colorado. Since last week's class, my oil bars arrived in the mail, but my colors are still pretty limited and I was trying to figure out how to make the colors I want. (I couldn't seem to mix a purple, but in the end, discovered I had created some purple tones by accident on the canvas.) The instructor had some very helpful suggestions about the composition. It was a lot a fun to work on this, and I will work on it some more in class next week.

No comments: