Monday, December 04, 2006

Mountains, Lake, and Sky (Oil Bar Landscape)


Mountains, Lake, and Sky (Oil Bar Landscape)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is a painting I worked on in my oil bar class tonight. I am still concentrating on learning to mix colors. Earlier in the day, I picked up a couple more oil bars to make it easier to do. I thought I would see how many kinds of blue I could make. Then I decided to work on the small 8 x 8 inch painting for the Red Brick Auction because the theme is blue. I had been thinking of doing a painting of a mountain lake. Although I had looked at some of my Colorado photographs (trips to Dillon Lake, etc.), this image is from imagination and memory. I don't know if this little painting is finished, but this is what I was able to do in tonight's class.

No comments: