Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Portrait in Progress as of December 5


A Portrait in Progress as of December 5
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Over the past few days, I have made several small changes to the portrait, moving slowly so as not to lose the likeness in the process. I made a number of changes to hair and teeth to get as natural a look as I could. Then I raised the hairline and moved the eyebrows and top of glasses down a bit. Each change was only between 1/16th to 1/4 of an inch, but the cumulative effect was to change the proportion of the eyes slightly. I made the lower half of the face slightly wider. Then I made the space between top and bottom lip slightly larger, and extended the corners of the mouth (again, by 1/16th of an inch). This made the mouth look slightly wider. Even though it is hard to see each change, I think all these modifications improved the portrait.

No comments: