Friday, March 30, 2007

Earrings for Sandra (Dyed Jade, Aventurine, and Sterling Silver)

Earrings for Sandra (Dyed Jade, Aventurine and Sterling Silver) Originally uploaded by randubnick

These are earrings that I made and recently sent to my friend Sandra for a birthday gift. Tomorrow she and her daughter will leave San Diego where they have been visiting to return to Brazil, so I called today and talked to both of them on Skype. These days, with the internet, distances seems less daunting. But when Sandra and Rene left Boulder to return home to Brazil so many years ago, I didn't think I would ever get to see them again because the distance was so great and the trip was so expensive. But now, here we are, still friends after almost forty years! And although we don't see each other often, we do see each other from time to time, as with my recent trip to meet Sandra in San Diego. But even when we can't get together, we know that geography has nothing to do with friendship and that love has always been stronger than time.

No comments: