Thursday, March 29, 2007

Transformational Drawing Set 2 Number 5

Transformational Drawing Set 2 Number 5 Originally uploaded by randubnick

This morning I went to Red Brick to make this little drawing, using conte crayon and pencil over acrylic on paper (in fact, an old painting of mine that I had cut into nine pieces). This is the ninth and last drawing in the set of small landscapes, three vertical and six horizontal. I enjoyed making this drawing, especially because the colors remind me of Colorado, my home state. Now I have the set of all nine transformational drawings pinned up on the studio wall, and it is fun to look at them all together. It is always a little scary to me to cut up an old painting to try to make something new. Transformation is always hard, but now I am happy with the result.

No comments: