Saturday, March 31, 2007

Little Yellow Flowers at Long Hill Gardens (Posterized Photo)

Little Yellow Flowers at Long Hill Gardens (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Yesterday during a walk at Long Hill Gardens, I saw a few crocuses and some little yellow flowers, just like these, starting to appear. I took a picture with my phone cam, but the flowers were still too few and far between to make a good photo. (The recent snow and ice storms have slowed the arrival of spring.) Tonight I looked through my old photos and found a picture of the same little flowers, taken about the same time last year (March 29)! The picture was taken with my old phonecam, so the image was small and slightly blurry, but it had lots of the little yellow flowers, and I liked the composition. I resized the image, increased the saturation, and then posterized it in Painter IX. Maybe this is rushing things, but I am more than ready for spring!

No comments: