Sunday, April 01, 2007

View Through the Trees at Dusk (Posterized Photo)


View Through the Trees at Dusk (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today I came across some pictures that I took back in early August of 2005, using my old phonecam. I loved my old phonecam for its soft, fuzzy images. In this case, I was trying to use it at dusk, to capture the look of the fading summer light through the trees, just as the electric lights come up on the streets. Well, this was all too much for the phonecam that I had at the time, and the result was interesting, but too indistinct to use. Posterizing sometimes seems to work well in such cases, so today I tried to posterized the image (with Painter IX). I also used a bit of digital pastel to make the two street lights slightly less intense. Anyway, I like the result, so here it is.

No comments: