Monday, May 14, 2007

Quiet View to the Sea from Castle Hill

Quiet View to the Sea from Castle Hill (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Yesterday I went with my daughter to a Mother's Day Tea at Castle Hill, the big manor house in Ipswich. After the tea, there was a tour of the mansion. We have walked around the estate, including the beautiful set of rolling hills (the Grand Allee) that you see here, but we had never been inside the house. It was fantastic, from beginning to end! One of the first things I did was to take a photo of this view that you see immediately when you enter the building, a view of the back of the property through a set of windows in the entry way. So you know immediately that you can see "the Grand Allee" from the house, all the way down to the sea. But this version of my photo has been digitally modified because in the original, two people were standing on the lawn outside the window. So tonight I opened the image in Painter IX and gently removed them from the scene with a little cut, a little paste, and some digital chalk. Then I cropped the image to get the composition I wanted, and also fiddled with the contrast a bit to compensate for the fact that the picture was taken through glass and a window screen.

No comments: