Wednesday, June 27, 2007

At the Jersey Shore


At the Jersey Shore (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This is a very small watercolor landscape (five by seven inches) that I painted several years ago using my little portable watercolor set. That summer, I spent a few days at the New Jersey Shore and spent time walking along the beach, looking at the water, and trying to learn to paint the ocean. (I was born and raised in Colorado, and didn't really even get a chance to see the ocean until I was in my twenties.) Anyway, the other day while I was organizing my stuff, I came across some small watercolors and drawings, and found this one. Although I am north of Boston today, rather than in New Jersey, I thought I would post this because it is SO hot, and everyone here could use a nice ocean breeze.

No comments: