Friday, June 29, 2007

Ribbon Roses (Collage Day 1) Closeup

Ribbon Roses (Collage Day 1) Closeup Originally uploaded by randubnick

I went back to the studio at Red Brick this morning, and finally had a chance to start a new collage project, using some beautiful wide ribbons that a friend of mine gave me. I also wanted to try out the idea of using styrofoam (grocery store tray) as backing, although I still don't know how well the ribbon will stick to the styrofoam, and I don't know whether or not the ribbon will dry flat. But I will find out, and no matter what happens, I will learn, so it is worth trying. I started with a ribbon that has a pattern with great big roses on it. I cut out three of the roses. Then I pasted the rest of the ribbon down for the background, and pasted in the three red roses, arranged to suggest the image of flowers in a vase. By the time I got that much done, it was time to leave, but that gives me time to think about how to create an image of a vase. Anyway, this is what the collage looks like so far, with the raw edges of the styrofoam tray cropped out of the photo.

No comments: