Saturday, June 30, 2007

Vase of Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting)

Vase of Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Yesterday at the studio, I was sealing the sides (unpainted canvas edges) of this painting. This meant that I had the painting upside-down on the easel, and then on its side. I noticed that one side of the vase was not right, so I fixed it, checking my work in the mirror. (Sometimes you see things differently from a new perspective.) At this point, I would bet that I will still find little areas to fix and lines to straighten out on the canvas; nonetheless, I am posting this today as the final version of the still life, because this is it, essentially what I set out to paint the first day I brought the purple and white freesia up to the studio.

No comments: