Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Basket of Artichokes (Posterized Photo)

Basket of Artichokes (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I would love to be able to say that I took this photo at an open-air market in France or Portugal, or even a quaint New England farm stand. But in fact, I used my phonecam to take this picture close to home in my local supermarket. During a recent grocery store run, I found myself admiring this arrangement of artichokes in a basket, so I took a quick picture with my phonecam. Tonight I cropped the image, and then posterized it in Painter IX. I also used some color overlays on the neighboring squash and eggplant, just to bring the highlights down a bit. Even though the only artichokes I bought this week were in a jar, I enjoyed this little visual treat in the produce aisle.

No comments: