Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Roses in the Field (Posterized Photo)

Roses in the Field (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

A few weeks ago, on a walk at Long Hill, I saw these bright roses. But they were not growing in the gardens there, but were at the edge of a grassy field near a vegetable garden. Apparently these roses were volunteers, and it was a nice surprise to see them.I liked the contrast of the roses and the grass, so I took a picture with my phonecam. Tonight I cropped the image to get the composition I wanted, then opened the image in Painter IX to posterize it. I also used some color overlays to restore color where the bright sunlight had washed it out, just to make sure this image does justice to the beauty of these roses, almost hidden in a field.

No comments: