Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Daylilies at the Pond

Daylilies at the Pond Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is a photo I took on a recent walk at the Cummings Center Pond. On one side of the pond, close to the Cummings Center, there are flowers planted in lovely little gardens, but if you continue walking around the pond, you see wildflowers growing on their own, in wonderful confusion along the path. The other day, I came across this stand of daylilies, apparently volunteers, on the far side of the pond. I loved the surprise (no one plants gardens on that side of the pond) and the bright colors, so I took a picture with my phonecam. I tried cropping this photo and posterizing it, but I decided that I like the photo best as it is, without artifice, like these daylilies growing on their own.

No comments: