Friday, July 27, 2007

Petunia Duet (Digitally Modified Photo)

Petunia Duet (Digitally Modified Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

When I sat down at the computer tonight, I intended to find another photo and make patterns with it. I found a picture of two petunias that I took with my phonecam sometime last month. The flowers had strong color and I thought that two petunias would make a nice pattern. But there were a lot of distractions in the background. I opened the photo in Painter IX and worked on simplifying the background, using digital chalk. I became more interested in the image and kept going, using color overlays and posterizing to get the effect I wanted. I didn't get around to making a pattern tonight, but will do that in a day or two. Anyway, here is how the image looks now. To be continued. . . .

No comments: