Saturday, July 28, 2007

Ribbon Roses (Collage Day 9)

Ribbon Roses (Collage Day 9) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I finally had a chance to go to Red Brick and work on this collage. There was just a little bit of work to do to finish bringing the background right out to the edge of the styrofoam tray. This is detail work, but it takes some time. I also put more gel medium down to make sure all the pieces are secure, and that all the gaps are closed. At this point, I think this image is complete, although I have been wrong about that kind of thing before. In any case, I need to decide how to finish the rim, outside edges, and the back, because although this can be hung on the wall, my idea was to make a tray (perhaps for letters, or paper, but certainly not glasses of lemonade!). So I guess I need to say "To be continued". . . .

No comments: