Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Petunias and Purple Flowers (Three Pattern Exercise)


Petunias and Purple Flowers (Three Pattern Exercise) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I have been making and using patterns from my own photographs on the computer with Painter IX. This compositional exercise uses three of the patterns. The center pattern is made from one of my posterized photos (Petunia Duet). It is the same pattern I posted here two days ago, but in this image, the focus is softer to make for better blending with the other patterns. The outer pattern also uses the petunia photo, but renders it in digital chalk over a colored background, purple in this case. (The image is bigger because I used a larger "pattern pen".) The third pattern is the border between these two, made from my photo of purple flowers (Little Purple Flowers Like Stars). I used a small pattern pen with a soft focus and swirled it around the border, moving the cursor just as if I were decorating a birthday cake.

No comments: