Sunday, July 29, 2007

Petunia Duet Pattern


Petunia Duet Pattern (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Last night I used the capture pattern function in Painter IX to snag the image from the digitally modified photo that I posted two days ago (Petunia Duet). Then I used the pattern palette to adjust the size of the image, and decide on the configuration of the pattern (offset or squared up). Then I just filled a new image file with the pattern, and here it is. I still haven't mastered the trick of getting the pattern lined up evenly on all sides, so I had to crop this image. It helps that the original image had similar colors on the top and bottom. I like this image the way it is right now, but still the next step is to use this pattern to make another image or design. . . .

No comments: