Monday, July 23, 2007

Tuscan Cantaloupe (Posterized Photo)


Tuscan Cantaloupe (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This image began this afternoon with a trip to BJ's Wholesale Club to buy groceries. That's where I saw this beautiful cantaloupe, labeled Tuscan Cantaloupe, right there in the middle of American wholesale market mania. That in itself made me laugh! I love cantaloupe anyway, but in this case, I bought this cantaloupe because it was so beautiful, with a scalloped shell and green stripes. Once I got home, I was hurrying to fix dinner and cut up the cantaloupe to serve it. I had forgotten to take a picture first, but I decided that it looked nice sliced as well, so I took a couple of phonecam photos before dinner. (The cantaloupe was absolutely delicious, by the way.) After dinner, I cropped the photo to get the composition I wanted, and posterized the image in Painter IX. A lot of trouble to go to for cantaloupe, Tuscan or not. But I think it is important to pay attention to the beautiful things in life, no matter where we find them.

No comments: