Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Red Mountains and Field (Oil Bar Landscape)

Red Mountains and Field (Oil Bar Landscape) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is an oil bar landscape that I was working on last fall. It is a painting from my imagination and from memories of my visit to Colorado last summer. It was nearly finished when I last posted it here, last December. Today I went to the studio and cleaned up some stray marks on the canvas because in a few days, I am going to donate it to Red Brick's upcoming fundraiser. I also sealed the outside edges. (I used a neutral color that is midway between purple and sage green, colors that you can see in canvas in the foliage.) In the process of sealing the edges, I of course got some new marks on the canvas, so I had to clean those up, too. Now it is on the wall in my studio, but only until the paint is completely dry. I took one last photo to send in for the fundraiser Web site (and also for me).

No comments: