Friday, August 24, 2007

Ribbon Roses Collage, Closeup of Back (Aug. 23)

Ribbon Roses Collage, Closeup of Back (Aug. 23) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Here is a closeup view of the back of the tray I am working on. (The collage of ribbon roses is the image on the front of the styrofoam tray.) Now I am creating a design on the back, a gold center and a geometric design with red and pink ribbons. Yesterday I finished the gold rectangular area in the center. I am using fabric ribbons printed with a variety of metallic designs. The gold center is made of pieces of ribbon cut from a red and gold paisley pattern, the same pattern that I used for the vase in the image of ribbon roses on the front of the tray. Yesterday I had fun working with the patterns in the gold ribbon, despite the small scale.

No comments: