Saturday, August 25, 2007

Salt Marsh at Woodmans

Salt Marsh at Woodmans Originally uploaded by randubnick

Here is a picture of the salt marsh behind Woodmans, in Ipswich, MA. I took this picture two weeks ago with a disposable camera. I like disposable cameras for traveling and for visitors. I like to get double prints and a CD for e-mailing pictures. Now that I am using my phonecam so much, it takes me longer to get through the roll of film in a disposal camera. By the time I finish the roll and get the pictures back, it is a nice surprise to see what I have! Among the pictures I transferred to the computer today were several taken at Woodman's with friends who were visiting two weeks ago. Woodman's is a popular Massachusetts eatery, where you can get great corn on the cob (my favorite), but it is really famous for Ipswich clams, found in the salt marsh behind the restaurant. It was early evening when we finished eating, and on the way back to the car, I stopped to take this picture of the salt marsh. The disposable camera did a nice job of capturing the amazing colors, so tonight all I needed to do was a bit of rotating and cropping to get a good composition. Some people scoff at my disposable cameras, but I have had good luck with them. I say, it's just the camera that is disposable, not the image.

No comments: