Sunday, August 12, 2007

Salt Marsh and Essex River


Salt Marsh and Essex River (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Today friends are visiting, stopping off on their way to Maine. We drove up to Essex for an early dinner at Woodman's, thinking we might beat the crowd. But it is tourist season, so naturally we stood in line. Nobody minded, because the view was great! Across the street, I could see the salt marsh and a bit of the river, where the Essex River Cruises were setting out. I wanted to take a photo, but I couldn't get a good view. So I abandoned my companions for a few minutes, crossed the street, and took some quick pictures with my phonecam. I didn't miss much; the line was moving slowly. But the food was worth the wait, and everybody had a great time. Later, back home, I cropped one of the photos to get the composition I wanted; the soft focus (caused by the close-in crop) is a bonus.

No comments: