Saturday, September 01, 2007

Grapes at the Vineyard (Digitally Edited Photo)


Grapes at the Vineyard (Digitally Edited Photograph) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This photo was taken during a recent stop at a local winery (Alfalfa Farms), a short detour after a visit to a crafts show at Topsfield Fair Grounds. The winery is very close to the highway, so close that you can hear the highway noise as you stand in the vineyard. (I have often seen the Alfalfa Farms sign from the highway on the way to New Hampshire.) Although the vineyard is very small, just for a moment, you can imagine that you are in France, or Portugal, or California. I took some pictures with my phonecam, and this is my favorite. At the last minute, I noticed a distracting mark on one of the leaves, but I quickly took care of it with Painter's digital pastel. Now all you see are grapes, vineyard, and sunlight.

No comments: