Sunday, September 23, 2007

New Hampshire Lake at Dusk


New Hampshire Lake at Dusk (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

On the drive home from New Hampshire last week, I was taking pictures with my phonecam from a moving car (from the passenger's seat, of course). The trip to and from Durham is beautiful, because you pass by and over several large lakes, and the light was amazing at dusk. Even viewing the original photo on my cell phone screen, I could see its potential right away, even though problems were apparent immediately as well. The trees were too dark and it was hard to distinguish the trees from the dark reflections in the water. But I liked the color and the patterns of light and dark in the water. So tonight I adjusted the light and dark areas, and then adjusted the saturation to restore the color. Then I cropped the image to get the composition that you see in the image posted here.

No comments: