Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ribbon Roses Collage, Back (Sept. 21)

Ribbon Roses Collage, Back (Sept. 21) Originally uploaded by randubnick

On Friday morning, I went to Red Brick and worked on this design, which I am trying to finish up. It is a collage made of printed ribbons, on the back of a styrofoam tray (yes, from the produce section of the grocery store). The collage on the other side of the tray is already finished: a collage still life of three roses in a vase. Progress has been slow, but on Friday morning, I actually brought the red and pink designs to the edge of the tray in some places. I also started pasting in the pieces that will create the border between the bronze colored "frame" and the red and pink areas design on the back. Those transitional pieces will be geometric designs from the red paisley pattern for the red area, and leaves cut from the crewel design for the pink area. So far I have only pasted those pieces down in a few places, so it is very hard to see in this photo. But I hope to post a closeup view in a few days. To be continued. . . .

No comments: