Friday, September 07, 2007

Path in Salt Marsh at Woodmans


Path in Salt Marsh at Woodmans (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Woodmans is a famous Massachusetts eatery where tourists line up to eat seafood (especially clams). But after tourist season, it is also a great place to have a quick meal outdoors, especially if you want to include a dog in your picnic plans. Yesterday, after just such an impromptu picnic, eating corn on the cob at a wooden table behind Woodmans, we discovered their pet walk trail, which is actually a lovely little walk through the marsh grass. I recommend it whether or not you have a dog! I loved this little adventure. I could feel the muddy ground under the grass and could really understand that this was a marsh. I had never had such a close view of marsh grass before, so I took pictures with my phonecam. This is one of the photos I like best. Tonight I cropped it just a bit to improve the composition.

No comments: