Saturday, September 08, 2007

Sunset at Lynch Park (Digitally Modified Photo)


Sunset at Lynch Park (Digitally Modified Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

It is so hot today that it feels like July rather than September. Time for one more summer memory. This is a photo of Beverly, MA seen from Lynch Park. I took the photo during an after dinner walk one summer evening. Although I liked the view of the sunset, the contrast was a problem and also there was a rock in the wrong place, throwing off the composition. So I opened the image in Painter IX and fixed the problem with a little cut and paste and some digital pastel. I also adjusted the contrast and increased the saturation just a tiny bit. In just a few months, it will so cold that it will be hard to believe that it is ever hot here in Beverly, but looking at my summer photos will help.

No comments: