Friday, September 21, 2007

September Morning with White Flowers (Posterized Photo)

September Morning with White Flowers (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Yesterday I took some photos of the white blossoms on the vines covering the chain-link fence. These blooms last into September, and although they are hard to photograph, I thought they would show up well against the dark green foliage of the trees. I was concentrating on the flowers while I was taking the photographs, but I did notice the morning sun in the background. Later, as I began to work with the image, I became more interested in the sunrise and the sunlight through the trees. In the original photo, there were already some pink highlights in the sky and through the leaves. But the light in the sky was reading as white in the photo, making it hard to tell the flowers from the sky. So I opened the image in Painter IX and used some gentle pink and yellow color overlays in selected areas. I also cropped and posterized the photo to get the image that you see here.

No comments: