Thursday, September 20, 2007

View Through the Window Blinds

View Through the Window Blinds Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is another view of the afternoon light in September. Yesterday I was admiring the light playing against the window blinds, so I decided to take a picture with my phonecam. The original photo included the entire sliding glass door. Tonight I cropped out a portion of the door to focus on the pattern of light and shadow juxtaposed with the pattern of the window blinds. Creating such a close-in crop created the soft focus. I had planned to posterize the image, but decided I didn't need to do that. But I did want to tone down the highlights, which were bright white in the original, so I opened the image in Painter IX and applied a very soft and transparent pale blue color overlay.

No comments: