Sunday, October 28, 2007

Evening Sky


Evening Sky (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This image began with a photo that I took with my phonecam about ten days ago. It was early evening, and I was in the passenger seat, on the way to the computer store to deal with a hard drive crash on my laptop. I was not in the most optimistic mood, but the western sky was beautiful, so I took a photo with my phonecam. Although the computer issue didn't get resolved that night, taking the photo restored my perspective on things. Tonight I came across the photo again and cropped the image and enlarged it to get the composition I was after. But apart from that, I didn't do anything to it because I didn't need to and couldn't improve on it anyway. Problems, big and small, are part of life. But I have found that when I am looking for art, or beauty, or peace, sometimes it helps to look up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one actually reminds me of pastels you did long time ago. Abstract and beautiful. Thanks