Monday, October 01, 2007

Modified Photo of Mill and River at Night

Modified Photo of Mill and River at Night (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This is the view that I was thinking about when I made the digital sketch (posted yesterday). I didn't look at the photo before I sketched, so I was curious to see how much I had remembered. This photo was the last one that I took when I was in Manchester a few weeks ago. I am going to use the photos as resources for some paintings I am going to do. It was late and I had finished taking pictures, but saw the mill buildings reflected in the river. So I took this photo through the window blinds. I also caught a lot of reflections of the interior of the building as well. I generally like the play of refections, window blinds, and even screens in photos like this. But there was one troublesome relection that was in the wrong place, so I opened the photo in Painter IX and got rid of it with some cut and paste and digital pastel. Then I adjusted the contrast just a bit, and cropped the image in a square format.

No comments: