Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mill and River (Oil Bar Painting Day 3)

Mill and River (Oil Bar Painting Day 3) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I finally got back to Red Brick Studios to work on this painting, and it has been over a week! Last time I worked on this, I cut my finger with the exacto knife (cutting chunks of paint off the oil bar), but by now my cut is pretty much healed up. (But I did take an old spoon to the studio, and found that a metal spoon does almost everything I had been using the exacto knife to do. Pretty hard to cut yourself with a spoon, but if there is a way to do that, I am sure I will find it.) I was anxious to get back to this painting; it is the second in a series of paintings of the Merrimac River in New Hampshire. This is for a show I am having in January, and I have six paintings planned. This is only the second painting, so I need to speed things up. Today I added clouds to the sky, and added a bit of light to the water. Then I lowered the line of the foliage (to address the window/tree scale problem), and spent some time straightening out the windows a bit. By then, it was time to go home. To be continued. . . .

No comments: