Friday, December 21, 2007

Dancing Morning Glories


Dancing Morning Glories (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

I made this image on the computer today, using Painter's pattern pen and a pattern that I created from one of my own photographs, of morning glories. My idea was to make something with the pattern pen, using movements inspired by dance. There was no particular reason to choose the morning glory pattern except that I thought it had enough contrast to show up. And of course, the idea of dancing morning glories made me smile. The type of pattern pen I chose picks up the shapes in the patterns, but not the colors. Instead, I chose the colors based on colors I have seen in morning glories. With the lines in the image, I was trying to capture the spins and turns of the waltz.

No comments: