Saturday, December 22, 2007

Woods and Snow (Digitally Modified Photo)

Woods and Snow (Digitally Modified Photograph) Originally uploaded by randubnick

During a recent walk near a wooded area, I took pictures with my phonecam. The trees look so beautiful, still covered with snow. Tonight I chose the photo I liked best, and cropped it. But I couldn't get rid of a branch in the foreground that was distracting. When I saw the image on the computer, I also noticed that there was a small street lamp in the photo. So I opened the image in Painter IX and used a little cut and paste as well as digital pastel to eliminate both problems. Now woods look more peaceful, inviting a longer look. Well, it is New England and we are now just past "the darkest evening of the year," so I have been imagining that this kind of winter scene might be what made Robert Frost want to write about the woods in the snow.

No comments: