Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Layers of Leaves (Composition with Digital Pattern)

Layers of Leaves (Composition with Digital Pattern) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I made this image tonight on the computer. I worked in Painter IX, and used the pattern I created recently from one of my photos, a single leaf against some weathered boards. I used a pastel pattern pen, so what I got were the shapes taken from the photo, but none of the color. (The original photo was of a bright yellow leaf against gray boards.) Instead, I chose three or four colors, inspired by the colors of autumn leaves, but in transparent layers. I kind of like the effect of the autumn colors against the white background. Lately I have been seeing lots of autum leaves on the ground alongside, as well as embedded in, snow and ice, and that might have influenced the choices I made while I was working on this image.

No comments: