Wednesday, December 12, 2007

River and Bridge (Oil Bar with Digital Overlay)

River and Bridge (Oil Bar with Digital Overlay) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This morning, I was eager to get to the studio to work on this painting (the Merrimac River in Manchester, New Hampshire). I had already decided that I was going to change the bridge railings, and more important, modify the perspective. But I thought I would slow down and try a digital "dress rehearsal" to see what the changes would look like before I made the revisions in oil paint. So I opened a photo of the painting in Painter IX and used digital pastel to draw in the changes I wanted to make. I changed the angle of the water line and also raised the height of the bridge railings. I thought the image looked better with the changes, so I printed out the "before" and "after" pictures, and headed off to the studio, where I made these changes and then some. (I will post the result tomorrow.) To be continued. . . .

No comments: