Saturday, December 15, 2007

River and Bridge 2 (Oil Bar with Digital Overlay 3)


River and Bridge 2 (Oil Bar with Digital Overlay 3) Originally uploaded by randubnick

For the past day or two, I have been thinking about modified this oil bar painting of the Merrimac River. During the previous painting session (Day 2), I created a third railing on the bridge, but I decided to go back to just two railings. I also wanted to change the angle of the river bank for the sake of the perspective. But I decided to try these changes out digitally before I making them in paint. So I opened the most recent photo of the painting in Painter IX and drew the changes in with digital pastel. In fact, it took three different attempts to get what I wanted, which is why this is digital overlay 3. This is the one I printed out and took to the studio to use for reference while I made similar changes on the canvas with oil bars. Tomorrow I will post the result.

No comments: