Sunday, December 16, 2007

River and Bridge (Oil Bar Painting Day 3)

River and Bridge (Oil Bar Painting Day 3) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Here is the most recent version of my painting of the Merrimac River in Manchester, New Hampshire. When I went to the studio to paint, I took along the printout of the digital overlay I had made to use as a rough guide as I worked. I reduced the number of railings on the bridge from two to three, and then I revised the angle of the shore line. That sounds simple, but really involves a lot of re-painting, and was just about all I had time to do yesterday. I am happier with the perspective, but I still may change the angle of the shore line a bit. I am also planning to soften the shoreline, adding some curved areas, but I wanted to get the basic perspective in first. That will have to wait till my next chance to work on this. To be continued. . . .

No comments: