Saturday, January 19, 2008

View of Mill Through Window (Oil Bar Painting Day 5)

View of Mill Through Window (Oil Bar Painting Day 5)

This painting is one of a series of views of the mill and river in Manchester, New Hampshire. This is how this painting looked on January 7th after I worked on it. I did a little cleaning up of the window blinds, and straightened out some lines. There was no time to do much more, and besides, I couldn't do much because the painting needed to be dry enough to take to New Hampshire the next day. (It was.) So this is also how it looks now, on display. The idea for the series (views of the mill and river) really came together for me with this image, looking out at mill buildings and river from inside a mill building. I have this painting hung so it is the first painting people will see, so I am glad I managed to get it ready in time.

No comments: