Saturday, March 01, 2008

Harvard Archway (Digital Woodcut)


Harvard Archway (Digital Woodcut) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I was in Cambridge yesterday to get together with old friends from Chicago who were visiting. They were admiring the building opposite the Harvard Bookstore on Mass Ave. That made me think of the image I posted yesterday, a photograph that I took of that building back in December of 2006. (The building is a Harvard dorm, and you can get a peek at the campus through the archway.) Back on December 27, 2006, I had cropped a closeup of the archway taken from that photo, which I then posterized and posted here. Today I decided to try the same image as a digital woodcut, so I opened it in Painter IX and adjusted the controls until I got the effect that I wanted.

No comments: