Friday, March 21, 2008

Moon and Mountains (Monotype)


Moon and Mountains (Monotype) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Last night was the second session of the printmaking class I am taking at Red Brick. To be more specific, the class is about making monotypes. This is the first of several prints that I made last night. I love to paint the mountains, and using familiar subject matter lets me focus on learning a new process. (I grew up in Colorado and can draw mountains from memory and imagination.) In painting, mountains are great because they offer opportunities to play with line and texture. I thought this would also be true in printmaking. In this print, I created textures with the brayer, a palette knife, and Saran wrap. It was fun to see how the print looked when it came out of the printing press.

No comments: