Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Carpet of Blue Flowers (Posterized)

Carpet of Blue Flowers (Posterized) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This began as a photo taken during a recent walk at Long Hill Gardens. These little blue flowers are blooming everywhere, creating the effect of a blue carpet. The scene they create looks magical, like Munchkinland (where everything is blue) in The Wizard of Oz. Well, I am a sucker for magic, so I took some pictures with my little digital camera. I wanted to capture the effect of a blue carpet with a wide shot, but I also took some closeup shots as well. Once I transferred the images into my computer, it was easy to see that the close-in views work much better. So I cropped and then cropped again to get a good view of the flowers in a pleasing composition. Then I posterized the image in Painter IX. I like the effect of the sunlight playing on the little blue flowers.

No comments: